WHY DO I NEED HORMONE TESTING?
One-size does not fit all when it comes to hormones! For decades, the traditional approach has been to prescribe HRT as if everyone needs the same type of hormone therapy and in the same amounts. Nothing could be further from the truth. Your hormones are like your finger prints and in order to achieve optimal health you need to know what your specific imbalances are.
WHICH HORMONES NEED TESTING?
- Cortisol - An adrenal hormone is necessary to handle stress, blood sugar, metabolism, and energy. Deficiencies can cause weight gain, fatigue, and depression.
- DHEA - Is an important adrenal hormone in handling stress. It is a precursor to other hormones.
- Thyroid - T3 & T4 Thyroid is the hormone of energy and warmth. Deficiencies can cause weight gain, depression, and low energy.
- Pituitary hormones - Include growth hormone, which is known as the most powerful anti-aging hormone.
- Estrogen - The main hormones of femininity are in three forms (E1, E2, E3). Balancing these hormones helps with the symptoms of P.M.S., Perimenopause, and Menopause. These hormones are also known to slow down the degenerative changes of aging.
- Progesterone - A balancing hormone for males and females. Too little progesterone promotes depression, irritability and inflammation. For women, it can contribute to irregular menses. Men may experience urinary frequency prostate problems (B.P.H.).
- Testosterone - Is the fuel for male virility but also is needed in females for libido, mental focus, and firm body mass.
State-of-the-Art Hormone Testing at The Renewal Point
At The Renewal Point, we test these hormones and more, for individual variances. We find that balancing these hormones is necessary for healthy weight control, quality of life and overall health. To find out about your hormone state, the medical staff at The Renewal Point will conduct laboratory tests (blood, salivary, and urine) to arrive at a unique and complete assessment of your hormone state so that an appropriate and customized program can be defined to create optimum balance and impact on your health goals.
Visit The Renewal Point to learn more about Hormone Balancing and other Programs.
Our culture has trained us to wait until we get sick to go to the doctor and most of the medical community is trained to treat symptoms rather than causes of disease and infirmaries.
At The Renewal Point – we have a different view! We look for the cause of the problem and the prevention of disease.
Call for a consultation and discover a better approach to long life, health and vitality!
4905 Clark Rd. • Sarasota, FL • 941.926.4905 • www.therenewalpoint.com • THE OFFICE OF DAN WATTS, M.D.