Let’s Stay Active This Fall!
Posted October 29th, 2020
With Daylight Savings Time ending we’d like to address the issue of exercise, particularly this year.
Many people have decided to forgo their gym memberships and opt for CKC Fitness, outdoor exercise, and/or home gyms (who says soup cans can’t double as free weights?!). However, with fewer hours of daylight in the evenings, there are undoubtedly a few issues that could arise. Coming up with a plan, now, can help prevent a mid-Fall exercise slump.
Here are some ideas to help get you started:
- CKC Fitness – we offer this Medical Fitness Program here at The Renewal Point. This is a researched, tested, and novel approach to fitness, developed by David Luedeka, MS, DPT and carried out by Matt Jones, Medical Fitness Specialist, ACSM-CPT. For more information or to schedule an evaluation/consultation, please speak to a team member or follow this link: https://www.therenewalpoint.com/services/ckc-strength-and-conditioning/
- Switch to a morning workout ~ if it’s still dark out when you get started, make sure to wear a reflective vest. Changing your workout time will be a bit of an adjustment, but after about 2 weeks your body, and mind, will get used to it. Make sure to go to bed a bit earlier if you need to wake up earlier for the workout.
- Home gym equipment is much easier to come by now than it was several months ago. If you haven’t already, considering purchasing some free weights, leg weights, and a mat for stretching.
- Park further from your destination so that you can get some extra steps in, and take the stairs when you can.
- Make sure to stay hydrated! The cooler months are little deceiving when it comes to water intake. It’s still important to stay hydrated.
Exercise is important now more than ever. In addition to all the physical benefits, it can help us stay in a more positive mood and boost our overall brain health. For more information about the impact of exercise on the brain and what type of exercise is best for the brain, please follow this link: https://www.therenewalpoint.com/services/ckc-strength-and-conditioning/