Low-Carb Holiday (or any time) Side Dishes
Posted December 16th, 2020
Roasted Low-Carb Vegetables
- Green Pepper (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- Broccoli and Cauliflower (cut into 1 to 1-1/2 in diameter individual florets)
- Green Beans (remove stems)
- Onions (cut into 1 ½ -inch wedges, and break apart into individual layers)
- Zucchini/Summer squash (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Thyme and Oregano if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 and cut vegetables.
- In a big bowl, sprinkle/spritz with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread vegetables on baking sheet in one layer. Place on middle or top rack.
- Check on them after 10 minutes to see if they are cooked well on the underside. If they are, take out, flip over, and cook for approximately 5 minutes more. Taste to see if they are to your liking 😊
Cauliflower Garlic Mashed Potatoes
(makes approximately 4 servings)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp of cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp bullion or ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Cut cauliflower into florets
- Steam cauliflower florets until tender.
- Let florets cool and squeeze/ring out extra water using clean kitchen towel or thick paper towel.
- In bowl using blender, or in a food processor, puree the cauliflower with the cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, bullion/salt, and pepper until almost smooth.
Baked Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim ends of Brussel sprouts and remove yellow leaves.
- Place Brussel sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper in bowl and mix until coated well.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and place in center oven rack.
- Roast in preheated oven for 30-45, stirring every 5-10 minutes for even browning.
- Brussel sprouts are done when dark brown on outside.