Want to Trim Down, Firm Up and Feel Great?
Posted January 29th, 2019
While these are great goals for the New Year, choosing a gym or a trainer, for those of us over 40 or those of us suffering with musculo-skeletal aches and pains, a regular gym may not be our best choice.
For those who wish to remain physically active the rest of their lives, life can get in the way; statistically: 8 out of 10 will develop back pain, 7 out of 10 shoulder instability, and 5 out of 10 hip or knee pain. Eventually, these statistics can lead to surgery or disability. So how can we mitigate these facts? Let’s see what Terri B. chose to do, in her own words.
“After an MRI revealed several things wrong with my knee, I assumed surgery was required. I entered the CKC Fitness program at The Renewal Point to address the feet and body alignment issues that Dr. Luedeka said were the root cause of my current knee issues and to hopefully prevent a future knee replacement. I received far more from my participation in the CKC program than I anticipated….I am stronger, have better balance, more endurance, and a leaner body than I have for years. All of this happened at a much faster pace than I ever would have guessed.”
There is a lot of misleading information out there when it comes to your health. It is especially important for you to know what is really True North in the exercise industry. If you are looking for the correct information and the right care…the medical exercise facility at The Renewal Point may be just what you need.
While I advocate exercise for every able body, many of us require the advantages of a medical exercise program, one that a regular gym simply cannot offer.
There are several important differences between The Renewal Point medical fitness program and other gyms.
- Gyms are not medically guided. The Renewal Point medical staff is qualified to teach proven, science evidence-based techniques in an individually-customized program, which insures safety and effectiveness with a high level of oversight.
- Gyms may not require a high level of certification or training. The Renewal Point medical staff is degreed and certified. You have, at your disposal, a Medical Doctor, Masters level Nutritionist, Doctor of Physical Therapy, CKC Certified Fitness Trainer, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner and professional nursing staff, all working together to provide effective physical conditioning programs.
- Gyms cannot offer exercise programs for disease management. With our qualified medical staff, The Renewal Point focuses on prevention strategies and disease management for conditions such as: degenerative joint disease; back, shoulder, knee and hip pain; as well as cardiovascular, pulmonary and metabolic diseases.
- The Renewal Point staff is experienced in integrating your fitness program with our already successful hormone balancing, nutritional counseling and medical weight management programs. Again, these services are simply not available at a gym.
- Our CKC Fitness Training Program, designed and directed by Dr. Dave Luedeka, MS, DPT, and carried out by Matt Jones, ACSM/CPT, has already helped hundreds of patients recover from neck and low back pain, shoulder instability, knee and hip disabilities. CKC Fitness or Closed Kinetic Chain Fitness is a state-of-the art strength and conditioning program that can help the average person to the injured to the athlete. CKC works by forcing the muscles, tendons, and joints which become broken down by aging, trauma, and wear to realign and reintegrate.
To learn more about this groundbreaking program, we encourage you to come to an upcoming seminar. For more information, to schedule an appointment, or RSVP to a seminar…you can call us at 941-926-4905, email us at [email protected], or visit our website at TheRenewalPoint.com.
Exercise and aging: Can you walk away from Father Time. Harvard Health Publishing. Harvard Medical School. Published March, 2014